Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Soft Moon - The Soft Moon (2012)

If I had heard this when I was younger I probably would have hated it, but now, in my late 30's, I find myself enjoying this sort of thing, though I'm still a bit picky about this style of music, overall.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that this sounds like a darker, more brooding version of The Cure sans the utterly fag-tastic vocals from Edward Scissorhands, which is fucking great as I cannot stand that whiny style of singing with the homo British accent, just begging for a steel toe boot to the temple. Actually, the vocals on this album are quite creepy, mostly done in whispers, which fits the music quite brilliantly, though the lot of release could pass as being instrumental.

The Soft Moon are hardly metal, by any stretch, but if you like your music to be creepy and unsettling and don't mind venturing from out of your metallic confines from time to time, definitely give this a go. You may need to take a shower afterwards as images of a "tucked in" Buffalo Bill may make an appearance into your thoughts.

Definitely a winner on the brooding/bizzaro front.

No comments:

Post a Comment